This is a short introductory course created by Ross Emmett so that everyone would have the opportunity to use some of his work to help themselves, friends and family. It is primarily designed for non-professionals; however, it is also an ideal low-cost introduction for trained therapists to see what EMMETT is all about. The course is conducted over 8 hours. No prior experience is necessary to attend a course. It can be attended by anyone over 16 years old.
Emmett is a system of body work devised by Ross Emmett, an extremely gifted and intuitive practitioner. Visit his Australian based website www.rossemmett.com.au or the UK site at www.emmett-uk.com for more information.
The course will provide you with tools to simply and effectively release tension and tightness in 11 key muscles. The course has been specially selected from the EMMETT Technique Practitioner Course.
The Emmett Releases taught will cover: –
* Sternocleidomastoid (SCM) to free up neck rotation problems.
* Pectoralis Minor used for shoulder problems, and difficulty reaching the arm behind the body.
* Biceps 2 moves to release the shoulder when there is a restriction on lifting the arm. An excellent tool to help with frozen shoulder and with any biceps strain.
* Forearm release will help improve grip strength. Can also help with elbow problems, and RSI
* Latissimus dorsi release frees up the arm lift where there is a “dragging” under the arm. Also great for addressing lower back tightness and pain.
* Diaphragm/Abdominal release – to open out the ribcage and help with breathing difficulties. Releases tight abdominal muscles and hunched over posture. Allows client to breathe more easily and deeply.
* ITB release. Quicker and simpler and less painful than massage techniques!
* ITB/Sartorius where there is difficulty squatting and lack of strength in the legs.
* Gastroc/calf for tense tight and fluid filled calves. Also assists balance.
* Foot Balance moves to assist balance and stability. So simple. So effective.
The results from these moves are usually immediate – you will be able to see and feel the changes for yourself and after only a short demonstration and practice you will be able to achieve the same kind of results for your own friends or family.
We offer an Early Bird course fee for full payment paid at least 3 weeks before the course start date. Course fees paid within 3 weeks of the course start date will attract a higher fee. All bookings are subject to a non-refundable element due at the time of booking.
All Short Courses – GBP 110 Early Bird course fee, GBP 130 course fee for payments within 3 weeks of course date. The non-refundable element is GBP 30.
Course dates and venues are subject to change. Please keep this in mind when booking transport and accommodation.
Refund and Cancellation Policy: Cancellations made up to 21 days prior to a workshop will receive a full refund (minus the non-refundable £30). Cancellation fees will be calculated at 50% of the course fee if cancellations occur within 20 – 2 days (48 hours) of a workshop. No refund will be given for cancellations within 48 hours of a workshop.
Click a class to view more details and to book